Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stories

I read today on YahooNews that Shawn Colvin is writing her memoir, and it is to be published early next year. It will be titled "A few small repairs", which is also the title of one of her albums. I'm looking forward to reading it.

While I'm on the subject of books, I'll just mention one of my favorites:
Maureen O'Hara's auto-biography, 'Tis Herself. She's had a wonderful (and sometimes colorful) career as a leading actress in the Golden Age of movies. She's not afraid to tell it like it is.

I like reading bios & autobios. Some of my other favorites include "The Mandrell Family Album" by Louise Mandrell, "Sheryl Crow: No Fool To This Game" by Richard Buskin, and "Patsy: the life and times of Patsy Cline" by Margaret Jones.

I also enjoy books from movies or tv shows, mainly to see how the books compare to the shows. Being a big fan of CSI (the original show), the CSI novels are some of my favorites, especially "Sin City", where Catherine & Sara work a case of a dead dancer at a strip club. I like the books because they're basically a new episode of the show, and you are able to use your own imagination as to how it would look on screen.

I've read Thomas Harris' novel, "Hannibal", but still haven't seen the movie. And I think Fannie Flagg's "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" helps clear up some questions that I was left with after seeing the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment