Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Top 50 albums of the decade

As I was working on my 2009 album review, I realized that the end of the decade is just over a month away. It made me think of what albums I'd put on my 'best of' list for the decade. Here's what I came up with:

1. Brandi Carlile – The Story
2. Patty Loveless – Mountain Soul
3. Those Darlins – self titled
4. Kelly Willis – Translated From Love
5. Alison Krauss/Robert Plant – Raising Sand
6. Lacy J Dalton – The Last Wild Place
7. Lonesome Wyatt & Rachel Brooke – A Bitter Harvest
8. Alison Pipitone – I’ll ask her
9. Serena Ryder – Is it okay?
10. Stevie Nicks – Trouble in Shangri-la
11. Mary Gauthier – Mercy Now
12. Johnny Cash – American IV: The Man Comes Around
13. Chely Wright – Metropolitan Hotel
14. Tegan & Sara – The Con
15. Joan Osborne – Little Wild Ones
16. Shelby Lynne – I am Shelby Lynne
17. Kid Rock - Cocky
18. Pink – Missundaztood
19. The Wreckers – Stand Still, Look Pretty
20. Lucinda Williams – Little Honey
21. Brandi Carlile – Give Up The Ghost
22. Loretta Lynn – Van Lear Rose
23. Jack Ingram – This Is It
24. Patty Griffin – Children Running Through
25. Rosanne Cash – The List
26. The Wrights – Down This Road
27. Heart – Jupiter’s Darling
28. Steve Earle – Transcendental Blues
29. Ryan Bingham – Mescalito
30. Jill Sobule – California Years
31. LeeAnn Womack – There’s More Where That Came From
32. Willie Nelson – The Great Divide
33. Beth Hart – 37 Days
34. Blake Shelton – Blake Shelton’s Barn & Grill
35. Dolly Parton – Backwoods Barbie
36. David Ball - Amigo
37. Sheryl Crow - Detours
38. Patty Loveless – On Your Way Home
39. Rosanne Cash – Rules of Travel
40. Lisa Brokop – Hey, Do You Know Me?
41. Anne Murray – Duets: Friends & Legends
42. Kathy Mattea – Coal
43. Sheryl Crow - Wildflower
44. Becky Hobbs – Swedish Coffee & American Sugar
45. Todd Fritsch – Sawdust
46. Lisa Marie Presley – To Whom It May Concern
47. Jewel - Perfectly Clear
48. Justin Townes Earle – the Good Life
49. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band – Welcome To Woody Creek
50. Jessi Colter – Out of the Ashes

So, what did I miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment