Monday, June 29, 2009

Brandi Carlile

If you're like me and enjoy good music that reminds you of the way it used to be back in the day - where music was made for the love of it and not for how much money & fame it could bring - then you need to check out Brandi Carlile.

My introduction to Brandi's music was via a video on CMT's 'wide open country' almost two years ago. That in itself is a bit eyebrow-raising because I have rarely watched videos on tv for a number of years - ever since CMT started to forget what their initials actually stood for. Anyway, when her video for 'Turpentine' began, I was mesmerized - not by the video itself, but by the song and the power of her voice. After the video finished playing, I quickly got online and found more songs with this wonderful voice. From that search came my 'discovery' of her incredible album, "The Story". It's become one of my all-time top 5 favorites.

Last year, Brandi opened up a few shows for another of my favorites, Sheryl Crow. It brought a smile to my face when I saw Sheryl post a message on her website of how she was blown away by Brandi, her music and stage presence as well.

Check out a few of these songs by Brandi:
Turpentine
Throw it all away
The Story

No comments:

Post a Comment