Monday, June 8, 2009

But you know me, the only thing I do is go to work and watch tv...

"...and tonight I'll cheat again, and tomorrow I'll be sorry."

Right now, I'm listening to "midnight oil" by one of the first artists whose music I totally fell in love with - Barbara Mandrell.

"Midnight Oil" is a classic country "Cheatin' song". As I listen to this song for the first time in a while, I'm kind of intrigued at how straight-forward and direct the song is, considering it was released in the early 1970's.

"I watch him in the mirror as I lie and tell him I don't know how late I'll be. While I'm putting on my makeup, I'm putting on the one that really loves me."

"And tonight I'll cheat again. And tomorrow I'll be sorry. And I'll feel kind of dirty 'cause I'll have the midnight oil all over me. God knows his dream would shatter if he knew the devil had me and won't set me free. While I'm putting on my makeup, I'm putting on the one that really loves me."

Take a listen to the song - Midnight Oil

On the subject of Barbara Mandrell - I was a huge fan back in the day. A card-carrying member of the Barbara Mandrell International Fan Club, and even saw her in concert back in 1983 - the year before her devastating car crash with her two kids, Matt & Jaime. I was also a faithful watcher of Barbara Mandrell & the Mandrell Sisters.

Speaking of the sisters, I actually saw her sister Louise in concert as well at one of our local county fairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment