Friday, June 26, 2009

Farewell to Michael

I will admit - I wasn't much of a fan of Michael Jackson. I never really understood the phenomenon of the self-proclaimed "king of pop". I considered most of his behavior throughout the years very strange. His music just didn't grab me the way music usually does. There are only a few songs that I would actually recognize as his - like 'Billie Jean', 'man in the mirror' and 'beat it'.

However, I did recognize the musical genius that he seemed to be. I think that 'genius' first caught my attention with the celebrity collaboration single, USA for Africa's "We are the world" - a song co-written by Michael and Lionel Richie. Another reason for me to send my gratitude to the "king of pop" is that he gave Sheryl Crow the springboard for her musical career - having her as one of his back-up singers on the "bad" tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment